ServiceNow (the "Company", "we" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy covers the collection and use of information on the ServiceNow website at www.servicenow.com, wiki.servicenow.com, community.servicenow.com, it3dot0.com and it3-0.com (collectively, our "Website") and in connection with the use of our software applications and other services that we provide as a service (collectively, the "Services") to customers who purchase those Services ("Customers").
This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Website. Customers and other third parties, including consultants, may develop applications or provide services to you or other third parties using our Services. This policy does not apply to information collected by Customers, third parties or third-party applications or services, even if this information is collected using our Services. This policy also does not cover the use or disclosure of any information stored in our applications or services when hosted by the Customer.
The Company complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. The company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the company's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about visitors to our Website ("Visitors") and Customers, including:
- Information you provide to us.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the Website or use the Services, including usage details, IP addresses and cookies.
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided in connection with posting material to our website, participation in bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums or other interactive features of our Website, registering, or requesting further information or services from us. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Data or information submitted by a Customer to the Services for hosting and processing purposes ("Customer Data").
- Information and correspondence you submit to us in connection with technical support, maintenance, troubleshooting and other requests related to our Website or Services.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies
Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website or use the Services, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website or use of the Services, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and the Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Authenticate your access to various areas of our Website or Services.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or the Services.
- Track when you respond to surveys.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information, other than Customer Data, that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and our Services and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with our Website or Services.
- To improve our Website or Services.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website or Services, when you choose to do so.
- To track aggregate usage patterns on the Website or Services.
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box located on the form or e-mail on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website or our Services, other than Customer Data, to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of ServiceNow, our customers, or others.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade information collected through the Website or the Services with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary in this policy, we will not use, disclose, review, share, distribute, or reference any Customer Data except as permitted in the agreement pursuant to which the Customer purchased the Services (the "Customer Agreement") or as may be required by law.
Customer Data is hosted and maintained in one or more of our data centers, which are located around the world. We also provide technical support to Customers from locations around the world.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form or e-mail on which we collect your data.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form or e-mail on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of your use of the Services.
- Choices when using Services. Since each Customer is in control of what information is collected by such Customer's users, how that information is disclosed and used, and how that information can be changed, users of the Services have to contact the applicable Customer administrator in order to make choices about how the Customer uses and discloses personal information contained in Customer Data.
- You should review this policy carefully, because if you do not agree with our practices, your ultimate choice is not to use the Website or the Services. Remember, by using any part of the Website or the Services, you accept and agree to our privacy practices. If we update this policy, your continued use of the Website or Services (following the posting of the revised policy) means that you accept and agree to the terms of the revised policy.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us in connection with the Website.
If you have submitted personal information to us in connection with the use of the Services, you can contact us through the technical service portal to request access to, correct or delete any personal information.
We will respond to any request for correction or update of personal information within 30 days of the date of such request.
Personal information that is contained in Customer Data can be accessed, updated or changed by logging into the Services. Since each Customer is in control of what information is collected by such Customer's users, how that information is disclosed and used, and how that information can be changed, users of the Services have to contact the applicable Customer administrator in order to access, update or change personal information contained in Customer Data.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. When accessed from a browser implementing SSL technology, the information you send to our Website and Services are encrypted. The Services also allow Customers to configure security settings for their users.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
In order to protect you and your data, ServiceNow may suspend your use of a Website or Service, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of the Website or Services is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our policy on this page. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you through a notice on our home page.
attn: Privacy Officer
4810 Eastgate Mall
San Diego, CA 92121
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by ServiceNow, a California corporation located at 4810 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, CA 92121.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.