The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to create a incident ticket from Postman using rest API which role i required to create incident ticket for user

Salman AHmad
Kilo Expert

I want to create a incident ticket from Postman using rest API which role i required to create incident ticket for user I give a role web_service_admin for user but it's not working but when i give the role admin it is working.

Kindly tell me which role is required to create ticket from postman because I am not want to give admin role to integration user. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

that's correct.

I just wanted to test.

Now there is some ACL issue or query business rule.

Please check your incident table level READ ACL has which role and give that role to that API user.

Also did you check any query business rule is present on the table which is restricting.

Also did you table there is any table.* READ ACL which is blocking all the fields

Regards
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

If a give a admin role it's works perfectly fine but requirement is admini role should not given to the integration user.

Hi,

that's correct.

I just wanted to test.

Now there is some ACL issue or query business rule.

Please check your incident table level READ ACL has which role and give that role to that API user.

Also did you check any query business rule is present on the table which is restricting.

Also did you table there is any table.* READ ACL which is blocking all the fields

Regards
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

@Salman AHmad 

Thank you for marking my response as helpful.

If my response helped you please mark it correct to close the question so that it benefits future readers as well.

Regards
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

@Salman AHmad 

Thank you for marking my response as helpful.

If my response helped you please mark it correct to close the question so that it benefits future readers as well.

Regards
Ankur

Regards
Ankur

N_H_
Tera Contributor

It is important to know when creating a user to assign a REST or SOAP role, that the user also needs to be permitted access to the tables you intend to interact with. The Web_Service_Admin gives access to use the API, but that ROLE is not in the ACLS for the numerous OOTB tables. You must have the appropriate role assigned to this user like ITIL, or SNC_Internal, etc.  Depending on whether you are working in the ITSM application or some other, the appropriate role for those tables is necessary. 

Examples: 

Custom User Acct: APIUserCMDB

Roles: web_service_admin, cmdb_read

Custom User Acct: APIUserIncident

Roles: web_service_admin, itil

It is also important to note, there is a role lower than web_service_admin that could be used. 

snc_platform_rest_api_access 

Allows access to Platform Rest APIs
- Table API
- Import Set API
- Aggregate API
- Attachment API