The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular expression which allows numbers, spaces, plus sign, hyphen and brackets

Noor Mohammad
Giga Contributor

I am checking with regex to validate Numbers, space, plus sign, hypen, brackets but nothing worked out.

Tried with

1. /^(?=.*[0-9])[- +()0-9]+$/

2.  /^\s*(?:\+?(\d{1,3}))?[-. (]*(\d{3})[-. )]*(\d{3})[-. ]*(\d{4})(?: *x(\d+))?\s*$/

Examples:

+987-123444

+(971) - 7362653425

+98765342

7364 3473 76437

87 83 8344 9834

2 REPLIES 2

Sandeep Dutta
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi @Noor Mohammad ,

Can try this should work

function onChange(control, oldValue, newValue, isLoading) {
   if (isLoading || newValue == '') {
      return;
   }

/*^\s*                #Line start, match any whitespaces at the beginning if any.
(?:\+?(\d{1,3}))?   #GROUP 1: The country code. Optional.
[-. (]*             #Allow certain non numeric characters that may appear between the Country Code and the Area Code.
(\d{3})             #GROUP 2: The Area Code. Required.
[-. )]*             #Allow certain non numeric characters that may appear between the Area Code and the Exchange number.
(\d{3})             #GROUP 3: The Exchange number. Required.
[-. ]*              #Allow certain non numeric characters that may appear between the Exchange number and the Subscriber number.
(\d{4})             #Group 4: The Subscriber Number. Required.
(?: *x(\d+))?       #Group 5: The Extension number. Optional.
\s*$                #Match any ending whitespaces if any and the end of string.*/

var number= g_form.getValue('phonenumber');

var pattern = /^\s*(?:\+?(\d{1,3}))?[-. (]*(\d{3})[-. )]*(\d{3})[-. ]*(\d{4})(?: *x(\d+))?\s*$/;
if(!pattern.test(number)){
alert('Phone enter a valid phone number');
}
}

If I could help you with your Query then, please hit the Thumb Icon and mark as Correct !!
Sandeep

Noor Mohammad
Giga Contributor

I am creating a choice option in regex type where directly in the variable we can select the regex validators so the pattern you mentioned was not able to work I already tried it and added in my question as well.