The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting hosting server information from a given list of DB instances

Shalaka Vaze
Tera Contributor

I have the task of getting the list of all the servers on which any given Oracle DB instance is running. How do I do that without manually going into each DB instance record and fetching the server details from the relationships tab?

6 REPLIES 6

Appli
Mega Sage
Mega Sage

Hi, assuming that all servers and DB instances are added to CMDB, I would suggest using CMDB Query Builder to fetch details.

Hope it helps

Hope it helps

SlaySilver
Mega Contributor

I have done something similar with Internet sites. The speed and stability of the site largely depend on the hoster. These characteristics are often decisive in the fate of the resource. It is much more pleasant when the page does not test your patience and loads quickly and without problems. High response rate - a guarantee that the user will not close the tab and will not wait until it opens. If users stay on the site, search engines note an improvement in its behavioral factors. When it comes to hosting, a hostkoala coupon can help you. You will also find many options online.

Rahul Priyadars
Giga Sage
Giga Sage

Do you have relationships defined between a Host and Running Oracle Instance?

If Yes The entries will be in CMDB_REL_CI Table.

Regards

RP

AllanGomez
Kilo Contributor

This task can be a hassle, but there's a way to automate it. Have you tried using SQL scripts to query the database and retrieve the server details? This way, you can get the information you need from all the DB instances. If you're looking for a place to run your scripts, why not check out ishosting vps solutions? They offer top-notch infrastructure and flexible server options to run all your applications and scripts. Plus, with VPS hosting, you'll have more control over your server environment and resources, making it easier to run your SQL scripts and get the information you need. Give hosting VPS a try and see how it can help you with your task!