The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change System Default for Chart 'Max number of groups'

Mike Turner
Tera Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone help identify a method to change the value associated to the 'system default' of the report "Max number of groups parameter"? - this parameter controls how many bars would be shown in a bar report before the 'Other' bar is shown.

The system default seems to be set to a value of 12. We would like to be able to change this system default and all reports rather than going to individual reports and hardcoding a value. This way, our settings are dynamic and uniform .

I have already seen the values stored in sys_choice that associate 'system default' to a choice value of -2 as well as how I would add a new value to the sys_choice table.

Is there a setting that controls what the system default is? - I was hoping to find it as one of the reporting properties but nothing is jumping out at me.

Many thanks

Mike

4 REPLIES 4

JP - Kyndryl
Kilo Sage

Hi Mike,

After some research I was not able to find out where the Default value of 12 was maintained.

This said, you may well modify all the Bar reports via the   Reports > Admistration > All .

Filter on the Bar type and make sure you add the following 2 fields in the list:

Other threshold,  Others

find_real_file.png

Use right mouse on the titles and select Configure > List Control  in order to activate the List edit type (that is inactive OOTB).

You may then update the Other threshold and Others columns from the list.

Regards.

JP

Regards,
JP

JonathanGreer
Tera Contributor

Thanks this worked.

Tsura Andreeva
Kilo Sage

lakakhan
Tera Contributor

In order to change the system default for the "Max number of groups" setting in a chart, you will need to access the settings or preferences of the software or program that you are using to create the chart. The steps to do this will vary depending on the specific software or program.

Hifi Forum

Here are some general steps that may be helpful:

1. Open the software or program that you are using to create the chart.
  2. Locate the settings or preferences menu. This may be found under a "File" or "Edit" menu, or it may have its own icon or button in the toolbar.
  3. Look for an option related to charts, graphs, or data visualization. This may be labeled as "Chart settings," "Graph options," or something similar.
  4. Within the chart settings, look for an option labeled "Max number of groups" or something similar.
  5. Change the value to your desired setting.
  6. Save the changes and close the settings or preferences menu.

Please note that this is a general instruction, it may differ from the software you are using.