The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Repair MySQL InnoDB Table That Has Issues?

soujanyanaganur
Giga Contributor

When trying to run: delete IdentityRequest *

I get an error of sailpoint.tools.GeneralException: null index column for collection: sailpoint.object.IdentityRequest.items

Doing a select * from spt_identity_request_item where id is null; returns no results.

I'm reaching for straws and have attempted to repair the table, in case that is what is causing the issue. Sailpoint The table types they use for their db is innodb.

repair table spt_identity_request_item; yields a note of The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

I've also tried the command:

sudo mysqlcheck --repair --databases identityiq -u identityiq -p

While it runs, it gives a bunch of notes of:

note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support repair

Is this command actually doing something to repair the issues? If not, is there a way to repair this and how?

2 REPLIES 2

sergiu_panaite
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Here:

Recovering Innodb table Corruption - Percona Database Performance Blog

You need to use "innodb_force_recovery" for innodb tables. What does this has to do with ServiceNow?

Sean32
Kilo Explorer

InnoDB comes with a crash recovery mechanism that helps repair and recover db table from crashes automatically. Also, you can use the ‘Dump and Reload’ method to rebuild one or more corrupted tables. However, in case of severe corruption, you may find it difficult to restart the MySQL server. And so, you will need to manually fix InnoDB file in MySQL that has the corrupt table.

You can read this blog: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/repair-innodb-table-corruption-in-mysql