The value of your Configuration Management Database (CMDB) extends not only across the technology organization but also into every corner of the enterprise that uses technology. By providing accurate, up-to-date configuration data and its associated business context, the CMDB powers vital business processes and delivers the visibility your business stakeholders need to make informed decisions.
In this essential guide, we provide insight that’s fueled thousands of successful CMDB implementations. You’ll learn:
- The critical role of the CMDB and some of its many benefits
- The basic structure of the CMDB
- How to create an effective foundation for your CMDB
- Best practices for creating and managing a successful CMDB
- How to extend the advantages of your CMDB with the Common Service Data Model (CSDM).
By following the guidance in this primer, you’ll accelerate your CMDB rollout, ensure a successful implementation, and get the greatest possible value out of this vital repository.
*Note: this primer replaces the CMDB for Dummies guide, which was discontinued on our website.