The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the VPN offering a premium/paid offering?

Christian_E
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Dear team, my customer would like to establish a VPN to their ServiceNow instance. I would like to understand if this offering is premium/paid offering that comes with an extra cost or if it is part of the standard service.

Thanks,
Christian

3 REPLIES 3

Anshu_Anand_
Tera Guru
Tera Guru

Use a virtual private network (VPN) to integrate your instance with external data sources over the Internet.

just refer it here from docs

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/rome-platform-administration/page/administer/encryption/concept/c...

You have to raise a ticket on HI to know about its subscription model.depend upon size and company

To activate VPN on instance,

For all VPN requests, including provisioning, modifications, or general questions, use the Service Catalog VPN Request form.

Procedure

1. Open HI.
  2. Navigate to Self-Service > Service Requests > VPN Requests.
  3. Select the appropriate VPN request type.
  4. Answer the questions.
    Questions vary depending on the request type selected.
  5. Click Submit.

Result

Once your request is submitted, ServiceNow will work with your network engineer(s) to test and validate that the VPN is successfully passing traffic. To ensure that your questions are answered in a timely manner, please address VPN-related questions during this process.
Hope this is helpful

Regards,
Anshu

Christian_E
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Anshu, thanks for your response. I was aware of the process but not the commercial aspects. I understand I need to raise a support ticket for that matter.

Thanks,
Christian

GeovanniBaxter
Giga Contributor

Hey Christian. I understand why you might wonder if this service has an extra cost or if it is part of the standard service. Unfortunately, I'm not on the team that handles VPN issues, so I can't say for sure if it's one way or the other. However, I would imagine that if it is a paid service, it would be fairly affordable. After all, ServiceNow is a pretty affordable platform, to begin with. Otherwise, you can always try thunder vpn for windows for free. I hope this helps!